Class II malocclusions are amongst the most frequent treatment challenges facing orthodontists in their daily work. With the advent of the Sagittal First Philosophy, which was introduced by Dr. Luis Carriere, and the underlying Carriere® Motion 3D™ appliance an innovative, non-invasive concept is now available to effectively treat Class II cases.
This appliance is designed to change a class II molar relation into a class I relation by distalizing the entire posterior segment from the canine to the first molar prior to any appliance be it fixed or removable is placed.
The objective of this lecture is to focus on the treatment outcome and effectiveness of the Carriere® Motion 3D™ appliance drawing on different treatment modalities using cone beam CT.
Upon completion of the lecture the participants will:
- Understand the Sagittal First philosophy, and how it benefits our patients.
- Understand the advantages of an evidence-based approach to selecting the right appliance used in distalization.
- Learn about the efficiencies of correcting Class II malocclusion using Carriere® Motion 3D™ appliance.
- Learn the exceptional clinical results combining Carriere® Motion 3D™ TAD’s
- Gain knowledge of Carriere® Motion 3D™ treatment results using the CBCT