The course articulates the principle of infection prevention recommendations in a dental healthcare setting during and post Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19). This advanced certification course provides the dental professionals with the latest clinical evidence - base principles and guidance toolkit from CDC, WHO, APIC, AORN and ADA to eliminating the risk of spreading harmful pathogens, to patients, staff, and visitors.
Dr Eduardo Mahn will share best practices from his own clinic and experience dealing with COVID-19. He will provide protocols based on current evidence that are simple and efficient for dental offices.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the compliance of infection control regulations and recommendations of advisory agencies.
- Differentiate the source transmission of pathogenic organisms in the dental health care setting and strategies for prevention and control.
- Understand and execute the standard precautions and work practice controls, which reduce the risk of patient and dental health care worker exposure to potentially infectious material and COVID19.
- Able to select and use the proper personal protective equipment to prevent patient and dental health care worker contact with potentially infectious material and COVID19.
- Create and maintain a safe environment for patient care, by adhering to best practices for cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization.
- Select appropriate measures to prevent and control infectious and communicable diseases (COVID 19) in dental health care workers.
- Able to implement the specific procedures before, during and after dental appointments to protect dentists, patients and staff.
- Understand how the disease spread.
- Understand how it relates to the dental practice.
- Show the evidence about how to protect ourselves, the practice team and our patients.
- Provide insights on how dentistry might change in the future.
- Certificate approved by the American Academy of General Dentistry (AAGD)
- CME: 14 CME ADA CERP recognised by MOHAP, DoH-Abu Dhabi, DHA, and GCC Authorities
Agenda Day 1
|08:45 - 09:00
||Registration / Welcoming Coffee / Introduction
|09:00 - 09:30
||Compliance with Infection Control Regulations and Recommendations of Advisory Agencies
|09:30 - 10:30
||Infection control strategies to break the chain of infection in dental settings focusing on the mechanisms of transmission of pathogenic organisms in the Dental Health Care Setting.
Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19): RESPONSE AND CONTAINMENT MEASURES
|10:30 - 10:45
|10:45 - 12:30
||Infection Controls Measures ,Patient Pathways and Work Practice Controls to Reduce the Risk of Patient and Dental Health Care Worker Exposure to Potentially Infectious Material and COVID 19.
|12:30 - 13:30
||Prayer Time / Lunch Break
|13:30 - 16:30
||Selection and Use of the proper Personal Protective Equipment to Prevent Patient & Dental Health Care Worker Contact with Potentially Infectious Material.
|16:30 - 17:00
|17:00 - 17:30
||Discussion & Question Answers
Agenda Day 2
|08:45 - 09:00
||Registration / Welcoming Coffee
|09:00 - 09:10
||Welcoming – Summary of day 1
|09:10 - 10:30
||Creation and Maintenance of a Safe Environment for Patient Care by Adhering to Best Practices for Cleaning, Disinfection, and Sterilization - part 1
|10:30 - 10:45
|10:45 - 12:00
||Creation and Maintenance of a Safe Environment for Patient Care by Adhering to Best Practices for Cleaning, Disinfection, and Sterilization - part 2
|12:00 - 13:00
|13:00 - 14:30
||Preventing COVID 19 and Controlling Infectious and Communicable Diseases in Dental Health settings
|14:30 - 14:45||Coffee Break|
|14:45 - 16:15||Evidence-based Infection Treatment Protocols in the Dental Office.
What Makes Sense and What doesn’t in the COVID-19 Period?
|16:15 - 18:00
||Knowledge Assessments. Online Course with Access and Instructor Guide. Multiple Choice Knowledge Check (Certificate Approved by AAGD) (Participants to bring Laptops/Tablets to access test) & Wrap Up
(excl. 5% VAT)
CAPP Training Institute, Dubai
(includes coffee breaks & lunch)
||2,250 AED ($615)
||2,050 AED ($560)
|Dental Assistant / Nurse / Student
||1,750 AED ($470)
||1,550 AED ($425)
* If you wish to obtain the American Academy of General Dentistry (AAGD) Certificate an additional 250 AED ($68) will be charged.
** For groups of 3+ delegates, a discount will be applied.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is the course face-to face or online?
Both. It is up to the delegate to select. The course will take place face-to face at the CAPP Training Institute, Greens, Dubai, UAE and will be also broadcast live online. So, you can either attend face-to-face or online, whatever you prefer.
What is the price and how do I pay?
Depending if you are a dentist or dental assistant / nurse / student you pay a different price. See above table for more details on pricing. Also for groups of 3+ delegates, a discount will be applied.
What certificate will I receive?
This is a Certification course and you will be issued a Certificate from American Academy of General Dentistry (AAGD). In addition, this course is CME accredited by ADA CERP (American Dental association) for CME credit hours which are recognized by MOHAP, DoH-Abu Dhabi, DHA, and GCC Authorities.
What happens if I cannot attend on the scheduled date and time?
The Online Virtual LIVE Classroom Coaching will be recorded and available to you anytime, anywhere. If you cannot join, you can watch it at your convenience.
What if I attend online and I have questions during the Online Virtual LIVE Classroom Coaching?
You will be able to address any questions directly to the speaker via the chat function because this is a live session.
I still have unanswered questions.
Please call / WhatsApp at +971502793711