The root canal system is often a highly complicated canal network of multi-planar curvatures and anastomotic pathways. Reaching the biological and design objectives of instrumentation in severely curved canals, deep apical splits and complicated canal systems can be an extremely challenging aspect of root canal treatment. The aim of this lecture is to introduce a new conservative instrumentation concept with flexible electrical discharge machined martensitic files for the predictable and safe management of extremely challenging root canal systems.
Upon completion of this course the participant should be able to :
- Understand the design and biological objectives of canal instrumentation
- Understand the anatomical complexity of the root canal systems
- Investigate the minimum instrumentation requirements for effective disinfection
- Implement a new instrumentation method for the predictable management of challenging anatomies
- Apply the technique in different situations during retreatment