04 November 2017, 09:00 - 18:00
Should we place posts, do crowns or just composites and onlays?
InterContinental Hotel Festival City, Dubai, UAE
Target Audience: Dentists
7 CE Credits | HAAD 7 CME | DHA 5.25 CME
All courses with Edurado Mahn ● Treatment planning and functional smile design: dynamic smile analysis, face analysis and teeth selection ● The All ceramic course: How to choose the best ceramic material and prepare for the different type of crowns we currently have? ● Direct Veneers: How to Create the Right Shape and Texture and Achieve the Desire Shade ● Veneers Vs Crowns: the Challenge in Smile Design
Dr. Eduardo Mahn, Chile
Dr. Mahn graduated from the University of Chile in 2004. He received the German DDS, one year later. The New York University College of Dentistry certified him as Implantologist in 2007.
In 2008, he published his doctorate thesis in 2008 titled Osseointegration of zirconia implants, an in vivo study” and got his doctorate degree in 2010 from the University of Duesseldorf, Germany. Between 2007 and 2009 he worked for Ivoclar Vivadent at the ICDE (International Center for Dental Education), Schaan, Liechtenstein and he is presently a guest lecturer at several universities. He is the author from a variety of articles and has been lecturing intensively about Esthetic Dentistry and Implantology in more than 50 countries.
The participants will learn to:
1. Understand the importance of proper planning and diagnostics when treating with endodontically treated teeth.
2. Understand the last improvements in material science and the treatment possibilities with glass fiber posts.
3. Understand the biomechanics involved when teeth are prepared.
4. Decide when to make a hybrid stump or place a post.
5. Understand the importance of the ferrule effect.
6. Indicate an endocrown and learn how to prepare it.
|Agenda||04 November 2017 / 09:00 - 18:00 / InterContinental Hotel Festival City, Dubai, UAE|
|09:00 - 10:30||
• Biological and scientific backround
• Tooth biomechanics
• Materials and design for root posts
• Build-ups, new improvements
• Preparation design
• Crowns, onlays, endo-onlays, richmond crowns, endo-crowns: Advantages and disadvantages
• Ferrule effect. Is it a myth or is it really relevant?
|10:30 - 11:00||Coffee Break|
|11:00 - 12:30||Clinical cases discussion: Interactive session|
|12:30 - 14:00||Lunch|
|14:00 - 15:30||
• Preparation of the canal, selection and cementation of a glass fiber post as a monoblock, build-up, preparation, impression and temporization.
• Cementation of a glass fiber post with a resin cement and build-up with bulk fill composites.
|15:30 - 16:00||Coffee Break|
|16:00 - 17:30||
• Preparation of an Endocrown and temporization.
|17:30 - 18:00||Discussion and end of the program|