Occlusion is the cornerstone of successful dentistry, however, it also is perhaps the most misunderstood subject in dentistry. Why do restorations do with occlusal understanding last the test of time, whilst a lack of occlusal understanding causes iatrogenic damage to patients? 90% of the patients have the occlusal disease, so learning the Principles of Occlusion and about Occlusal Assessments will allow you, as a dentist, to begin to treat occlusal disease, confidently and competently.
- Understand the 5 principles of occlusion
- Introduce the concepts of RCP, ICP and RAP
- Evaluate all information to prescribe a reorganized or conformative treatment plan
- Establish the protocol for occlusal examination
- Avoiding failures of dental treatment by getting the occlusion right