For the Post Covid -19 pandemic era, it is more important than ever before to limit chair-side clinical treatment time and possible exposure to the deadly virus, both for the patients as well as for the treating personnel.
This, together with increased demand by patients with a busy lifestyle to be treated with immediate function requires the implant team to use smart concepts for an accelerated treatment protocol in full arch immediate function cases.
High treatment acceptance and patient satisfaction are the most important advantages of this accelerated immediate function same day protocol. By avoiding excessive bone grafting with the use of smart concepts including site-specific implants placed in the available native bone, the gain in time for the patient implies not only a cost-benefit but also immediate function which is important especially for professionally and/or socially active patients.
The following 10 smart concepts will be discussed in order to optimise & accelerate full arch immediate function :
1. Smart drilling (osseodensification)
2. Smart grafting
3. Smart implant design (site-specific)
4. Smart abutment (one straight clean abutment one time)
5. Smart prostho connection (screw retain vs cemented)
6. Smart prostho interface (passive abutment)
7. Smart guides
8. Smart prostho materials
9. Smart prostho design
10. Smart troubleshooting solutions
At the end of this lecture delegates should be able to:
- Understand these 10 smart concepts
- Identify appropriate clinical cases where these smart concepts can be applied
- Take home these 10 smart concepts and apply them to their clinical cases