Saving teeth with peri-radicular lesions of endodontic origin due to failure of previous therapy or peculiar pathological conditions is more predictable and less invasive with modern surgical MicroEndodontics. The diffusion of the operative microscope and magnification tools has increased the success rate of the procedure up to 95%, drastically reducing the post-operative discomfort of the patients and improving their quality of life. Lighting and magnification offer to the clinician new options and strategies of treatment planning. The procedure is a well-coded sequence of clinical steps that if undertaken with competency and appropriate instruments is definitely accessible to all clinicians. The lecture will describe the principles of the decision-making process in successful modern surgical MicroEndodontics and the procedure step-by-step. Innovative microsurgical instruments for the best performance of the operator will be also illustrated through a how-to-use concept.
- Principles and outcomes of modern surgical micro endodontics
- Prognostic factors and decision-making process
- The role of equipment and microsurgical techniques
- Step by step procedure and how to use the instruments
- The advantages of innovation in instrument design and alloy