Adhesive technologies have contributed to changing the way dentists conceive restorations in dentistry.
Due to the improvements of materials and techniques, it is now possible to perform minimal preparations and to restore aesthetic appeal and function with a low biological and financial cost.
Reparability of resin composites is also highly appreciated as this allows restorations to be easily redone should the result not be perfect in the first stage.
Resin composites can be used in the daily routine for direct and indirect procedures, veneering, restoration of traumatized and endodontically teeth.
Moreover, performing aesthetic dentistry is nowadays one of the main goals of our profession. Patients are aware of the new technologies, and require treatments that are highly aesthetic, minimally invasive, repairable and not too expensive. Resin composite restorations can fulfil all these requirements. However, the correct protocols have to be implemented to achieve clinical success and obtain invisible restorations.
- Understanding the correct way to diagnose a lesion and the preparation of the cavity
- Choosing the correct adhesive system
- Understand the importance of a correct workflow in posterior restoration
- Choosing the correct materials to eliminate post-operative sensitivity
- Contouring, finishing, polishing and maintaining a posterior restoration